A Clear Picture Of A Reverse Mortgage
Have you heard of a reverse mortgage but are not sure exactly what this is or if it could benefit you? Then you need to know more important information about this type of mortgage, to see if you can take advantage of it.
Everyone knows that with a regular mortgage you have a monthly payment that needs to be made. With the reverse option you won’t make any payment but will instead get a payment sent to you.
You are basically turning the equity that is in your home into cash that you can use for whatever you want to use it for.
To help you better understand more about this and to provide you with a clear picture, you need to know some important facts about Reverse Mortgages. Here are the most essential facts that you need to be aware of to determine if this can benefit you or anyone else you know, but it is suggested that you speak with a licensed Mortgage Broker for the full details.
1. You have to be at least 60 years of age in order to benefit from this type of mortgage.
2. When you receive cash it is important to know that your loan amount will increase while your equity will still increase only just at a slower pace.
3. The mortgage can never get to be more than the equity of your home. Plus the lender of the loan can never request payments from you in any way except in the value of your home. This protects your other assets and the assets of your heirs.
4. Payment of the loan happens when you move out of the home, sell the home or if the owner should die. Otherwise there is not any payment necessary on the loan. There are other conditions that may require early payment of the loan and that is why it is a good idea to talk to a professional. They can help you understand these conditions so you can be sure to avoid them until you are prepared to pay back the loan according to the original agreement.
5. You need to own your own home free and clear before you will be eligible to get this type of mortgage.
6. In order to be eligible for this mortgage there can’t be any other mortgages or loans against the home like an equity line.
Now that you know this important information about the reverse mortgage you can see exactly what it is and how it can benefit you or someone you know. If you are considering this type of mortgage than you definitely need to talk to a mortgage professional first before making any final decisions.
Call Paul Mangion today to learn more and see if you qualify!